Fatal Python error in VxWorks 7 SDK for Raspberry Pi 4

Hi, I am currently working on a project that involves installing the VxWorks 7 SDK on a Raspberry Pi 400 and running Python applications to control hardware, specifically to illuminate some light bulbs.

I have followed the documentation, and set rtpSpStackSize=0x1000000. However, when attempting to execute the command python3, I encountered a Fatal Python error. Below are two images illustrating the error during the execution process. I am working with VxWorks 7 SDK version 1.5.1, and I have tested with two different versions of the Raspberry Pi firmware, namely 1.20200212 and 1.20230405. Unfortunately, neither version has allowed me to successfully run Python3.

I have come across a discussion on the Wind River forums regarding similar issues at the following link: Raspberry Pi VxWorks Faults when booting. Some users have reported encountering the same Fatal Python error, but the resolution details remain unclear.

I am reaching out to seek solutions in resolving this issue. Any insights, suggestions, or troubleshooting steps would be immensely helpful. Thank you.

Hi @chrislo ! Issues similar to the one you mentioned are most likely caused by an incomplete file system copy. The solution is presented in this post in the thread you linked in your post.

Hth,
Dan