Start module - moduleShow

Hi all,
I am beginner - sorry for the basic question.

→ moduleShow
this command shows indicates the module ID and the address of akdadmanager.out

Hence, I assume that the module is loaded. Can you tell me what I need to do to start the module? → ./akdadmanager.out does not start it.

Kind regards
Alvida

Module symbols are added to the kernel symbol list, so you can use any of the global functions from your module as entry point. Assuming you have a function called my_func in your module, you’d just call it from the C-shell.

E.g.
→ my_func

Hi Dan,
many thanks for your reply. Is there a way to find out what functions are available in a respective module?

Sorry for the basic questions I used akadmanager in a Linux environment, there I simply called it by ./akdadmanger. In VxWorks I noticed that akadmanager is a module.

If I try to get the akadmanager.out to run in the cmd environment I get the following message:

[vxWorks *]# ./akadmanager.out
Launching process ‘./akadmanager.out’ …
rtp exec: unable to launch process “./akadmanager.out”: Not a valid RTP (S_loadRtpLib_NOT_EXECUTABLE).

Many thanks you for your feedback

You should compile akadmanager as an RTP and then you will be able to run it as you did on Linux, i.e. as ./akadmanager.

Check the “Application Development” section of this README file.

Hi Dan,
many thanks for your reply. My issue is, that I don’t compile the modules myself. I receive the finished Kernel image.

Is there a possiblity to find out whether there are global functions which I can access, or is there a command, which lists the all the RTP?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards
Alvida